Re: WBZ Power

>Roger Kirk wrote:
>Does anybody know if WBZ has finished
>their tower maintenance, yet?
<snip>

        I had thought that they had finished that project many weeks
ago--November or December. I had not heard a bad signal from them recently,
and I'm just about a daily listener way down yonder here in Connecticut,
where it is very easy to notice if they're on low power in the daytime
because it makes the signal very poor.
        Today, however, in Scituate, I heard them running low power and
actually heard the switch back somewhere around 3 or 4 p.m. It sounded like
a switch from the auxiliary antenna to the main, because it had that few
seconds of non-synchronous overlap when they both were on, the way the
switchover sounded **every day** (sorry) during the tower project. (This is
contrary to my earlier post tonight, in which I said I thought it might
have been reduced power from Hull.) I'm speculating that maybe the ice and
cold weather caused some problem in Hull today that is not part of the
maintenance they were doing, or that there was some other unrelated reason
to shut down the main antenna for work.

             Have you, today, patronized the groundwave signal of an AM
                Class A station thanks to its extended primary service area
            and/or the protection provided for its intermittent service area?