Re: Dean Johnson profiles the new talk stations in Boston

PWerlin wrote:
>I used to really enjoy Tai's show, since he
>is my age and it was interesting to hear his
>opinions on things, and his memories of the same
>stuff that I grew up with.

I tried listening to TAI on more than one
occasion and it was always the same - a
turn-off.  If a caller disagreed, TAI would
probe the disagreement vigorously.  If the
caller agreed, TAI would frequently question
why and sometimes play devil's advocate with
his own opinion.  In either case, TAI would
generally give the caller a short time, cut
him off and move to the next caller.  The
cut-off was always smooth i.e. not in mid-
sentence, but it always seemed TAI took the
initiative to end the conversation, never the
caller.

Roger Kirk
rogerkirk@ttlc.net