Re: Dean Johnson profiles the new talk stations in Boston

In a message dated 1/24/00 4:05:40 AM Eastern Standard Time, beckwith@ime.net
writes:

<< It's interesting that he thinks Opie & Anthony, if they come to WBCN in
April,
 might present a challenge to the existing talkers.  It strikes me that 'BZ,
 'TTK and 'MEX, especially, are targeting people who have two brain cells to
rub
 together. >>

They are probably trying to expand the age of their listeners, which I
imagine is still mostly people 30+ (except for Stern's perhaps>?)   That's
when I started listening to talk,  late at night to WBZ, and then somehow
WRKO really got me hooked.   However, I hate most of their lineup now, and
hardly ever listen, except for a couple of their weekend shows.  I prefer
entertainment to serious issues most of the time, but it depends on who the
hosts are (and the issues).  I'm glad there will be some new options.  I used
to listen to Jerry Williams back when my car only had AM.  Repeal the
Seatbelt law!!!!! (just kidding)

   Actually, I used to really enjoy Tai's show, since he is my age and it was
interesting to hear his opinions on things, and his memories of the same
stuff that I grew up with.  Anyone know his whereabouts?

phyllis