Re: Off-topic rant (was Re: Bob Bittner's Unlikely Ally...)

These days it's common to have several different versions of a song on a CD
single, which is how a lot of music is supplied to radio, so that every format
the record company is pitching the single to can find a version appropriate for
their station.  It makes it a nightmare for collectors and event DJ's, but it's
great for radio.

When Janet Jackson was popular in the early 90's, it was common to have 7 to 10
different versions of a song on each CD single shipped to radio, while the
singles sold at record stores had mostly dance remixes of the songs.  Talk
about confusing!!  At least country crossover singles usually only have two or
three versions to contend with.

Mike Thomas
WXLO & Mediabase 24/7