Re: WMEX

They did; you must have missed it. The weekend lineup is
nothing to get very excited about. The emphasis, as they
put it, will be on "lifestyles"--shows on collectables,
for example. The best weekend show will probably be "the
Cooking Couple," which has been running on 650 and a few
other stations for maybe six months. It's quite good.
Another high spot: WMEX will do at least one weekend
rerun of a show that aired during the week--a "best of"
the week.

Someone said that they heard Jerry say that he would do
a live program from Joe Tecchi's restaurant downstairs
from the Boston office on Sunday at noon, but I didn't
catch that. I thought he said that he would do such
shows occasionally, and I figured that they would run
during the week.

Contrary to rumors, there will be no music, unless, as
Langer put it, someone has Ted Kennedy on as a guest and
he breaks into spontaneous song. A _real_ oldies show
had been rumored. It was reported that it would be an
homage to the original "new WMEX."