Re: WPTR

>Paul Hopfgarten wrote:
<snip>
>(Of course, it may have been weather-related as WHAS/Louisville was
>booming in on 840 at about the same time, though if their day and night
>sicgnals are different, I might have been 'catching them' while still at
>daytime pattern)

        WHAS is a former I-A station with just one big tower and one big
pattern. It was probably best known in recent times for continuing to do
music overnight, until just a couple years ago, after nearly all the other
old-time I-A clear channel stations (except of course WSM) had dropped
music formats. WHAS, which had been news-talk the rest of the day for some
time, kept doing an overnight rock 'n' roll oldies show, even taking
requests. First, I think, they cut it back to just weekends and now it's
gone, with talk on instead.

Have you patronized the skywave signal of an AM Class A station today?