Re: WMEX starts Monday

Dan Strassberg writes:
> It certainly will be good to have Burns back on the air
> in Boston, doing a show just for this market!

Any insights into AM drive host?

Also, even the skeptics gotta wonder if Entercom is taking notice of
the WTKK and soon to be the WMEX impact on the talk pie in Boston.
.WTKK pushes "live and local" when WRKO is on the bird from 9a-3p.
Then Jerry and Gene return (with vengeance on their collective
breathes), even amid some s/n challenges, early on.  Toss in the
reality that Carr is more "national" in his issues (if he stands a
chance to grab some affils. to the ABC bird).  Plus, it's and
election year, and no one does elections like the Dean.  Burns
remains compelling talk, as well, and his love for Boston is
evident.

WTKK is now somewhat established, but I wonder how much its position
on the FM dial will attract listeners from loyal WRKO listeners, who
may be more apt to take a stroll just to the right of WBZ to
WuhMex.....

Should be interesting.  Will look fwd. to the new 1060 footprint.
(Dan) I wonder how WMEX will cover Lowell & vacinity in its future
incarnation, day/nt?

Once Jerry gets reestablished, makes one wonder how much more Carr
butt-kissing by local pols. will continue?

Bill O'Neill