Re: Press Herald attacks WCLZ format change

On 16 Jan 00, at 10:40, Chuck Igo wrote:

> the story, however, does point to a sad, growing trend in radio.  that
> the industry as a whole is slowly evolving into a business of "...hey,
> i could do that!".  and these individuals are sadly convinced that
> they can.

I think that was radio's trend in the early 90's, when a dozen or
more radio stations were squeezed into every market through
rimshots or start-ups.  Every new owner thought they had the key
to success in the big city.  What happened instead is that stations
compete for a 4 share in even the smallest cities.

Now, with consolidation, it's not so much a case of "hey, I can do
that," as "hey, I don't have to do that, because I own the
competition."

Mark
laurence@sprintmail.com