Re: WPTR Signal Problems

That would be logical. CHIN-AM went 24 hours in January, 1984, BTW, per
chinradio.com. (The transmitter was also moved from Missisauga to Toronto
Island at the same time.) The site said that this was the result of
negotiations with Canadian and US authorities... and my guess would be that
discussed were WPTR as well as WSIV Syracuse, a 1kw daytimer.

At 05:35 PM 1/15/00 -0500, Martin J. Waters wrote:
>        I have a different angle on this. I agree that CHIN is a problem.
>But, according to my 1976 Broadcasting yearbook, at that time, it was a
>daytime only station, 50 kW, DA-D. The 1997 National Radio Club Log lists
>it as 50 kW day, 30 kW night, DA-2.
>        If this is correct, everybody's old-times memories of WPTR's signal
>are for before CHIN was a factor at all. Quoting the Dixie Chicks as I like
>to do, "There's Your Trouble." And, with these
>##!!!%%&&++$$$####@@@???!!!!!!!!!! Canadian stations, you have to wonder,
>right away, are they even bothering to turn it down to 30 kW at night?

Douglas J. Broda
Broda and Burnett
Attorneys at Law
80 Ferry Street, Troy, NY 12180 USA