Re: Altering Live TV Pictures

I think both are aesthetic issues... you know it's fake from watching it,
so there's no deception. I found the blue puck trail brutally distracting
(outweighing the value to new and less knowledgeable fans, IMO, by a ton);
I like the yellow first down line a lot, and find it to have a low
distraction factor and a high up side.

At 04:19 PM 1/15/00 -0500, Sptseditor@aol.com wrote:
>In a message dated 1/15/00 4:12:28 PM Eastern Standard Time,
>DMcElvein@aol.com writes:
>
><< How about the enhanced first yard marker that is used by Fox?  The line
>isn't
> really there.  Doesn't that also fit into the category of misleading the
> viewer? >>
>
>I've always thought that there was no problem with this -- it's not
>commercial, and it only enhances the experience of watching the game. Now,
>when FOX used to make the puck blue while broadcasting hockey games... that
>was a different story.

Douglas J. Broda
Broda and Burnett
Attorneys at Law