Inquiry about UVM Hockey and TV

I'm not sending this message through my regular E-Mail server. To reply,
respond to: <notquite@hotmail.com>. Thanks!

With yesterday's (January 14th) decsio by the University of Vermont to
cancell the remaining games of the 1999/2000 men's hockey season (due to
hazing incidents), I wonder if UVM has a deal in place with one of the
TV stations in the Burlington/Plattsburgh area for live coverage of
(probably) home games of the men's hockey team.

I had heard that in the state of Vermont, that the UVM men's hockey team
has had a huge following over the years, so I suspect several of the
team's games each year are televised.

It's entirely possible that because of the cancellation of the season,
that UVM may have lost what for this smallmarket might be big $$$ from a
TV deal, and that the station scheduled to broadcast the games might now
have to rebate $$$ from advertisers. I doubt they'd get "make-goods"
because I would suspect UVM hockey, if regularlly elevised, is
higher-rated than almost anything else on whatever station broadcasts
the games.

If anyone has more information on who televises UVM hockey and how many
scheduled elecasts for the balance of the 1999/2000 season were
cancelled (out of 15 total games), please post to this list. Thanks!

Joseph Gallant
Reply to: <notquite@hotmail.com>