Re: Casco Bay Weekly story on radio

Everyone should read this article.  The b.s. that the radio management types
quoted in the article are trying to sell is truly amazing.  I don't think
Cary Pahagian really believes what he is saying.  Don't get me wrong: I don't
object to what they are doing but they should be honest and admit they are
doing what they are doing because they have determined that it is the best
way to maximize profits.  There's nothing wrong with that.  It's actually
what they are supposed to do for their shareholders.  Trying to sell the b.s.
lines that Pahagian and company do in the article is reprehensible.  They
make politicians and lawyers look good.  (Just a joke, most of my friends are
politicians or lawyers.  ;-) )

That said: people need to get a life about the "death" of WCLZ.  WCLZ may
have been different but it has not been a good radio station for several
years.  Yes, they played local music and stuff you couldn't hear elsewhere
but it has been a long time since it was a well run station.  Since
Fuller-Jeffrey took over, the station wasn't even that different.  WCLZ was
sick for a long time and has been brain dead and on life support since being
moved to One City Center.  The plug was finally pulled.

-- Dan Billings, Bowdoinham, Maine