Country oldies on WWYZ

Listening to WWYZ Waterbury/Hartford right now. Instead of the bird-fed
"Nashville Nights' they've been running overnights for a while now,
there's a satellite country gold format. The jock is Larry Shipley. The
feed, wherever it's from, has odd "burps" in it every couple of minutes
-- music drops out for a split second. There's also occasional rough
fades and dead air between songs. (I'm having WQVR Southbridge
flashbacks.)

Gene Watson, Waylon Jennings, Ronnie Milsap ... haven't heard these
folks on 'YZ for a decade. I assume this overnight change is fairly
recent, but I admit not having checked out the station overnight for a
few weeks at least. I like it -- it's satellite, it's sloppy, but at
least it's different.

Howard