Re: More on WPTR

That was sure true when the TX was in Quincy and they
ran 50 kW-D/5 kW-N DA-2. Once the State St South office
complex was built to the west of the TX site, calling it
half WITS was incredibly charitable. The numbers say it
was 1/10 WITS (5 kW is 1/10 of 50 kW), but the effect
where I live was more like 0.01 WITS. Between
(literally) WTOP and WWKB on the first-adjacent channels
and co-channel CJRS, WNLC and others, the signal in
Arlington Heights was completely inaudible at night. Of
course, the TX move to Waltham and the increase in night
power to 50 kW corrected that situation in the western
suburbs, but killed the signal on the North Shore.