Say Goodbye To WXKS-AM (Was: Re: WPTR Again)

I'm not sending this message hrough my regular E-Mail server. To
respond, reply to:
<notquite@hotmail.com>. Thanks!

As we note the return of the WPTR call letters and a standards format in
the Albany area, it's very likely AMFM/Clear Channel (or whatever they
will become) will "blowe-up" WXKS-AM in the next few months.

That's because I read last week (it may still be archived in Yahoo!'s
entertainment news section) an article noting that AMFM's KNEW-AM in San
Francisco has changed formats to a "high-tech talk/information format"
geared at computer and information technology professionals. AMFM's
partner in all this is C/Net. I suspect KNEW's signal reaches Silicon
Valley, which would be the target audience for a "tech talk" (or
whatever they want to call it) format.

While Silicon Valley may be the nation's prime center of high-tech, the
nation's second-leading center of high-tech is Boston. Since the Yahoo
news article said (if my memory serves me correct) that AMFM and C/Net
are looking to syndicate this format, Boston would, in my opinion, be
the second market to get this high-tech talk format. Since AMFM/Clear
Channel has just one AM station in the market (WXKS-AM), it's likely
that after 20 years, WXKS-AM's standards format will be "blown-up" and
replaced with C/Net's high-tech talk format.

Joseph Gallant
<notquite@hotmail.com>