Re: WLLH-AM Lawrence transmitter off-air

WLLH has increased to 1 kW in Lowell. I'd say that they
probably should keep the Lawrence TX but might do better
using it only at night when the Lowell TX really doesn't
cover Lawrence because of the high noise level on the
graveyard channel. Many synchronous TXs operate only at
night. They are used for null fill-in when the primary
station switches to DA. That's the case, for instance,
with KKOB's synchronous TX in Santa Fe and was the case
for years with WBT's now-dark synchronous TX in Shelby
NC.

If you compare the quality of WBPS's signal with what
the station sounded like before Mega took it over, I
think you'd have to agree that Mega is quite sensitive
to audio quality and loudness--in other words to having
its stations perceived as providing good signals. I
suspect that they may be upgrading the audio chain at
Lawrence.