Re: Y2K glitch??? or just a little time travel?

On 2 Jan 00,  Brian Vita wrote:

> I had left all but one of the computers in my office on for the New Year's
> turnover.  The one that I had shut off was the sole 486 in the office (an
> AST 486/25 Bravo).  When I booted it up yesterday it said Jan 3, 1980.  Win
> 95 did allow me to change the date correctly but I don't know if the
> machine's innards are accepting it.

Someone in my office told me that she had trouble with her home computer,
apparently because of some problem with Windows 95 accepting the date.  My
486 in the office worked fine with the date, and so far, my software --
including Lotus Agenda, an old DOS Personal Information Management program
that I still use (I've tried newer PIMs, but I haven't found one that I
like as well.), seem to accept the year 2000.

I did have one minor glitch, which I was able to fix.  Every year in
January, I print out a cumulative list of all closed files since 1996
(which is the earliest that I can go with my present database software.).
When I told Q&A to print out the list today, it reported that it could
find no records that matched the specification.  The specification is
close dates later than 12/31/95.  I changed it to 12/31/1995, and it
worked fine.

 A. Joseph Ross, J.D.                                 617.367.0468
 15 Court Square                             lawyer@world.std.com
 Boston, MA 02108-2503              http://world.std.com/~lawyer/