Re: Applications for 89.3 and 91.1 southeastern Mass.

Laurence from Methuen asked about noncomm applications in southeastern
Massachusetts.

> Recently a group called Granite State (?) public
> broadcasting entered an application for 89.3 in that
> area!  Wha?

Checking the FCC database via Elliott Broadcast Services, that's Granite
State Educational Fellowship, Inc., which shows applications in
Rochester NH, New Castle NH, and Pittsfield MA in addition to North
Dartmouth.  Most of them appear to date back to 1994.  Presumably this
is a religious group; I'm sure it's not NHPR, which began its life as
Granite State Public Radio but changed its corporate name to New
Hampshire Public Radio by 1990, I think.