Re: WKXL changes

Outlaw 102.3 got going in fits and starts January 1 on WKXL-FM (Concord
NH).  A half-hour after the intended start, the carrier came on at 10:30
a.m.  A minute later it was off again.  At 10:34 carrier returned and a
minute and a half later there was 5 seconds worth of music.  A minute
later, roughly 10:36:35 by my reckoning, programming began in earnest
with what sounded like all their  recorded sweepers strung together into
a 2-minute audio montage.  Then came an actual song, followed by a
voicetracked (or so it seemed) Becky Nichols.  Lots of fuss about
20-in-a-row all day, every day.  One of the jingles goes "New
Hampshire's country--20 in a row!--Outlaw 102.3."  Top of the hour
announcement: "(jingle) Hit after hit on the Outlaw--(spoken) the new
20-in-a-row Outlaw 102.3--WXKL-FM Concord-Manchester--New Hampshire's
country--(jingle) 20 in a row--Outlaw 102.3--New Hampshire."

This morning Ms. Nichols was present live (or close to it).  No local
spots yet, a few network spots here and there.  Listening from 7:30
onwards I heard no newscasts.  A colleague (in my non-radio job) who
listens to country said today she preferred the new station to WOKQ
because they talk too much at the Dover station, especially in the
morning.  She didn't notice much difference in the selections played on
the two stations.

There's plenty of talk and spots mixed with the music this evening--Lia
<http://www.radiolia.com> seems to be the country equivalent of
Delilah.  Until this, all WKXL-FM's programming seemed to originate
locally.