Re: Y2K Midnight Observations

In a message dated 1/1/00 10:02:11 AM Eastern Standard Time,
kempp@bethel.k12.ct.us writes:

<< Now, where will all the "experts" be in the media?  >>

Nearly all the experts that I saw in the media predicted few problems in this
country.  They did expect some problems overseas and did suggest preparation
just in case but all spokesmen that I saw from government and industry were
saying that things were going to be OK.  Not everyone wanted to believe them
but that was what they were saying.  As it turns out, things went even better
than expected which we should all be thankful for but that only happened due
to lots of work by a great many people.  We should be happy about that and
not assume that the whole things was hype.

-- Dan Billings, Bowdoinham, Maine