Re: Pax "Millennium Live" Special Called-Off

--- Joseph Gallant <notquite@hotmail.com> wrote:

> The problem lied with financial troubles with the Millennium Television
> Network (MTN), the producers of the show, which would have been seen on
> MTN simply didn't have enough money  to pay for the production costs.

The show had been sold to most countries on a barter/no
cash basis, but the telecast's producers(including EP
Hal Uplinger of LiveAid fame) still weren't able to
announce any major sponsors as late as Nov 1st. All
MTN contracted employees were released on Dec.22. MTN
had already paid for 9 satellite transponders(they
dreamed of using 80) and given permission to let
orphaned TV broadcasters who were going to be part of
ML broadcast to share feeds to supplment their
programming...

> Pax had produced short "Millennium Vignettes" that were to lead-in/
> lead-out of commercial breaks, so I suspect they will be aired, but
> otherwise, there may be just regular Pax-TV reruns.

No reruns but vintage movies marketed as
"Movies of the Millennium/Stars of the Century" will
roll...

Canada's version of MTV MuchMusic(sister network of
CTV) was also supposed to carry "Millenium Live" but
now will carry a 90-minute local festivies
in Toronto...