More on Moore

I am proud to say that I have an autographed copy of his biography titled,
I Was The Man Behind the Mask.  Clayton Moore was a class act both on and
off the camera.
My favorite Clayton Moore story was when ABC-TV, for the first time, won
the ratings season.  ABC made a huge deal of it and had a special show on
TV, an ABC retrospective.  During one of the final segments, all of the old
cowboys, who has appeared on the network, arrived,  Warner Brothers had all
those TV westerns cranking out for a while, as well as other westerns.  At
the end of the piece all the cowboys gathered for a group picture.  The
flash came across the screen, and there were all the cowboys dressed in
their normal clothes EXCEPT Clayton Moore. He was standing in the middle,
still in his cowboy outfit and mask.  It would have been a major
disappointment had he done otherwise.
The history of the Lone Ranger from radio to TV was a colorful one.  Wonder
if Fred Foy will get interviewed?  The image of the Lone Ranger and what he
represented will long be remembered by all.
Pete
------------
Bonus --

The Lone Ranger Creed

I believe:

That to have a friend, a man must be one.
That all men are created equal and that everyone has within himself the
power to make
this a better world.
That God put the firewood there, but every man must gather and light it
himself.
In being prepared physically, mentally and morally to fight when necessary,
for that
which is right.
That a man should make the most of what equipment he has.
That "This government, of the people, by the people, and for the people"
shall live
always.
That men should live by the rule of what is best for the greatest number.
That sooner or later, somewhere, somehow, we must settle with the world and
make
payment for what we have taken.
That all things change but truth, and that truth alone lives on forever.
In my Creator, my country, my fellow man.

                        As told by actor Clayton Moore, September 10, 1994