Re: WCLZ 98.9 Follow-Up

I am not sending this message from my regular E-Mail server. To repsond,
send replies to:
<notquite@hotmail.com>. Thanks!

By calling themselves "The Point", the people at WCLZ have or will soon
force every other commercial FM station in the market to drop the word
"point" from their frequencies in on-air and other mentions. In other
words, as an example, WPOR-FM will now have to call themselves "101-9"
instead of "101.9", since otherwise, they'd be giving free promotion to
a competitor.

The idea of dropping the "point" from an on-air mention of a radio
station's frequency is growing quickly, and the more markets with
"Point" stations, the more copmpetiting stationss will have to drop the
word "point" from the on-air mention of their frequencies, lest they
promote a rival.

Joseph Gallant
<notquite@hotmail.com>