WOWO loud and clear Christmas night around 10:00 PM

I picked up WOWO on my Super Radio III, last night around 10:00 PM for about
20 minutes. WLIB was not much in evidence for a good portion of the period I
listened. I'd say that I could hear WOWO clearly about half the time, WLIB
on top of WOWO about 25% of the time, and the two stations duking it out or
neither one audible the remainder of the time. Remember that Boston is in a
WLIB null, which protects the former allocation of CHTN. By treaty, this
allocation must be protected even though CHTN has been on 720, not 1190, for
at least 15 years.

I don't know whether these were freak conditions or whether WOWO was
operating with its daytime facilities. I can't say that I noticed any of the
other midwestern powerhouses coming in much better than usual (WLW, WGN,
WJR, WBBM, CKLW, WMVP--if those are the current calls, WTAM, WSAI, CBE).
Most of them were listenable, however. I didn't try for WLS, which I can
still get on many nights by nulling WBPS. WCCO is normally lost behind WCRN,
and last night was no different. WHAS drowns in WEEI splatter, and KMOX is
often audible behind WADN if WPRX isn't too loud.