RE: Sunday's LTAR

The facts are, that much of the underpinnings of the Internet were invented
here, in Cambridge, at Bolt, Berenek & Newman (BBN), now GTE
Internetworking.  The original "routing computers", the "@" in the emails,
all were BBN contributions.  When I was in Los Angeles last year, banners
promoting "invented here" themes also claim that the Internet was born
there.  Not entirely, although Stanford was one of the first nodes on the
ARPAnet.  See http://www.bbn.com/roles/researcher/timeline/ for a concise
picture of the beginnings of the Internet.

-Larry