Re: person of the decade, anyone?

n a message dated 12/21/99 2:06:35 AM Eastern Standard Time, Sptseditor
writes:

<< I don't get the impression that Mr. Igo knows who the School Bus
conspiracy guy is, do I? >>

sean...

   don't know who he is, but i think he may have been one of the drivers who
did the route that took me to highschool on many a cold winter morning.
i just know the guy is from burlington, and regardless of the topic
(baseball, as an example)  he will, in under fifteen seconds, turn a
discussion on fastballs into how the players don't learn enough of their
sport in the minors because they're travelling on less than safe buses from
minor league town to minor league town.  usually, schoolbuses....  he'd pop
up once a week on King, at least.  i've even heard him turn a discourse on
Clinton, during a Rush show, into school buses.  listen for him, seriously.
he shows up everywhere, and as soon as I hear "Burlington", i start the
stopwatch to see how long it will take him to get the word schoolbus into a
sentence.  (i spend way too much time in the car listening to syndicated
programs)

- -Chuck Igo