Re: NorthEast Radio Watch 12/17: WWLP, WENY-TV Sold

At 10:01 PM 12/17/99 -0500, Scott D Fybush wrote:

>Conn River Broadcasting is growing in both Massachusetts and VERMONT.
>Following its purchase of WHAI (98.3/1240) earlier this month, we hear
>Conn River is also picking up Bob and Shirley Wolf's WMXR (93.9
>Woodstock) and WCFR-FM (93.5 Springfield), which simulcast as "Magic."

Interesting to note that many years ago when Carlos Zezza owned WCFR, the
corporate name was Conn. River Broadcasting.  I'm sure Carlos is in the
great control room in the sky now, but his son Frank took over ownership in
the late 80s.  Is he perhaps a principal in the new company?