Re: New WCLZ on the way

In a message dated 12/15/99 11:31:30 PM Eastern Standard Time, Dib9@aol.com
writes:

<< 98.9 WCLZ Brunswick is now running a computer voice countdown.  (T minus 4
 days, 9 hours, 34 minutes, 53 seconds and counting.)  Apparently, a new
 format will debut on Monday morning at 9 AM.  What will it be? >>

my guess is that maybe they've found a home for Lori Voornas?  of course, in
the past 16 years or so, WCLZ has done, in descending order (and of course,
Dan, since you've been in there a few times, you can help us out if i miss
one...):
Alternative Rock, Album Oriented Rock, Eclectic Oriented Rock, Jazz/New Age,
(was there an A/C-Album hybrid in here somewhere?), and, prior to the call
letter change (from WKXA), Country.
The new group ownership might want to put a little distance between a couple
of their formats (WCYY and WCLZ and WBLM).
Citadel currently has:
WCYY  (Alternative rock)
WHOM ( A/C)
WJBQ  (CHR)
WBLM  (Classic/Album Rock)

so what's missing?   FM Talk?  or  Jazz?

the market currently has a couple of Classical signals, an Oldies and Classic
Rock station, several choices for MOYL/Standards, several Country stations,
and a couple of AM bird-fed talkers.  (Crocker & Willie / John MacDonald
notwithstanding).
noticeably absent in a market where Imus does just fine in the morning is
Stern.  (my prognostication:  start with Howard, and build from there.)

- -Chuck Igo