while in Portland....

Was on a family outing Saturday night ( thanks Chuck, info was perfect), and
while driving down Congress Street, my son asked if he could listen to the
Bruins. So tuned to 1030....static  and splatter from KDKA....no problem,
figured SOMEBODY up there carries the B's. Found the Celtics on 1440 ( and
with a bad phone line from WEEI), and BU Hockey on 1310 (Yes BU).. but
scanning the band only place I could find the B's was on 670 out of Chicago.

Side note to management lurkers. The better half remarked that she was
hearing oldies on Portland radio, and earlier Portsmouth she hadn't heard in
YEARS, and also remarked that now depending where she is when driving
listens to Cool 96 in NH, or B-101 from RI, NEVER WODS. She isn't thrilled
with what WROR is doing either, but remains loyal to Loren and Wally ( she
stuck with them during the country days)

The sad reality is that while much of what she heard tonight was syndicated,
it was still far better than what Boston is offering. Barry Scott can't even
clear his own shown in the Boston market, when IMHO WODS might be better
served with Scott rather than Little Walter who probably now loses more
listeners than he attracts.

Reality is the better half at home now listens to KJR-FM from Seattle on the
puter, says they have the best mix she has heard.

( and I actually did listen to Bernie Corbett doing his BU game, proving
that no matter WHAT you have on, somebody will listen....)