Re: veto power?

In a message dated 12/1/99 2:20:41 AM Eastern Standard Time,
Sptseditor@aol.com writes:

<< It  seems like DirecTV and Dish Network are the only options out there
now, no? >>

also begging to be asked:   which multi-layered conglomerate owns the
services such as DirectTV and Dish...???   in maine, when PrimeStar was first
introduced, inquiring customers were told, in many cases, that the service
was not available for their area.  what these customers were not told that
the service was not available in an area already served by a cable company,
namely in the Portland area, TimeWarner.  (also the owner of Primestar)  i
was finally given this answer by going up four levels on the customer service
chain.
the other question is regarding the 75 mile thing.... will the sat delivered
stations be held to the same metro restrictions currently in place for cable?
  in Portland, the local stations rule through exclusivity claims.  6 (nbc),
8 (abc) and 13(cbs) and 51 (fox) are currently exclusive for the TimeWarner
service market.  yet less than twelve miles to the south, a Saco resident can
have both the Boston and Portland stations.  we do not have a WB affiliate in
Portland, yet 56 is still blocked due to arguments regarding programming
duplication that were made prior to the network affiliation.

any thoughts?  is it perhaps time i could tell TimeWarner to k.m.a., in much
the same manner as they have told me over the years?  (actually had a
customer service person tell me "Sir, we ARE the cable company." in the tone
of voice that also said i was a complete idiot for questioning their
autonomy.)

- -Chuck Igo