NERW: 940/Montrealall-news startup

>NERW wrote:
*Across the border this week, we're still awaiting the debuts of the
new 690 and 940 in Montreal.
<snip>
We do know that December 13 is now the target
date for 940, and likely for 690 as well; we'll keep you posted.

        My $0.02 on the new 940 station:
        As one of the big whiners about the CBC getting off the AM band, I
am now making lemonade. While the CBC is still available (on 1070, on 1550,
and on SW), a station like 940 will actually brings some diversity to
news/info. available from Canada. And with the continuing possibility of
Quebec leaving the Canadian federation, an English-language station in
Montreal could be very interesting to listen to.

Have you patronized the skywave signal of an AM Class A station today?