Re: Nashua Pride Radio Network

Could Be!

The Pride had a very nice (and large) write up in the local Derry News. Although
attendance is up over the previous year, and expected to increase, and ticket
prices are up a buck a ticket, the bottom line according to the Pride
spokesperson was they very much need to make money this season!

In the past, the Pride had very little of the media's attention outside of
Nashua. The Derry News finally does something significant on the Pride. In my
humble opinion, lack of media attention is the blame of the Pride Management.

Drive into Nashua, you may see signs to Holman Stadium, but maybe those signs
should say, Holman Stadium, home of the Nashua Pride Baseball Team. Visit the
local malls. Here you can easily buy Lowell Spinners, or Lynn Maddogs items, but
a one time there was now Nashua Pride items to be found. I hope this has
changed, but I don't know.  Other than the Nashua Telegraph, it was difficult to
find a box score in any other of the regions newspapers.

Former Nashua minor league teams occasionally had games televised on WMUR-TV
Channel 9 Manchester or WNDS-TV Channel 50 in Derry.  I don't think any games
have been televised over the first two years of this teams' existence.

On the other hand, the Pride is making more expensive improvements to the ball
park, and they fired their lackluster manager and are going after a crowd
attracting manager.  They also said good-bye to pseudo mascot, the witch doctor.
Monkey boy stays on, however.

May be moot anyways...the Pride's owner has been in Worcester as a possible
place to relocate. The Pride simply can not compete with the Spinners who
are but 15 miles away in Lowell , and an "official" Red Sox farm club.