Nashua Pride Radio Network

I just paid a visit to the Nashua Pride Prof. Baseball Team homepage. On their
message board is a mention of fans wanting the restoration of the "Radio
Network".

In 1998 the network consisted of WSMN 1590 AM Nashua NH and WBKR 1250 AM
Manchester NH.

WSMN had coverage to the north and east of the city and horrible / no coverage
to the very near west. (Many potential nearby fans in adjacent towns could never
hear WSMN, especially at night, when most of the games were played.)
WKBR helped fill in some of the gaps, although their signal in the big gap to
the west wasn't great. It also provided nighttime coverage into Concord NH.

In 1999 the network, as it was stll called, consisted only of WSMN 1590 AM
Nashua. Later in the year internet broadcast were added.

Hypothetical question:

Giving the changing ownership of many southern NH radio stations, is there any
chance of adding a station or two, to the Nashua Pride Radio Network. What
station could provide a good signal to existing and potential fan base?  Why
would a station want to become part of the network?

My thoughts is that to get the coverage they need it would probably have to be
an FM station I think 92.1 in Peterborough would be a good candidate.  WZID 95.7
Manchester NH with their killer signal would be great, but I think Delilah has a
look on the nighttime schedule.

On the AM side WDER 1320 in Derry NH does a fair amount of local sports but adds
very little New Hampshire coverage area overs WSMN's signal.

The WGIR three station network (610 Manchester, 1540 Exexter, 930 Rochester)
would be good, but the Red Sox would be playing many of their games at the same
time.

The Pride Homepage is at :

http:www.nashuapride.com

(Sidenote) I'm very disppointed that none of Manchester's AM/FM stations cover
any local high school sports. Nashua, Derry, and IIRC correctly Concord and
Keene cover local HS Sports fairly well.

John