Sox Fox

I am not using my normal E-Mail server. To reply to my message, please
direct your reply to:
<notquite@hotmail.com>. Now the message:

It appears that WFXT-25 and the Red Sox are closing in on new, possibly
long-term, over-the-air TV deal that would probably have WFXT cover 60
regular-season Sox games a year starting in 2000.

This might be good news for their struggling newscasts.

I would suspect that most or all of these games might be away contests,
so that NESN can concentrate on mostly home games, and cut their
(NESN's) costs of doing the Sox.

The story was in today's Boston Herald, and a source I know at WFXT,
whose name I can't divulge, confirms it and says that final word should
break within 24 hours and the deal to be signed by that time.

Joseph Gallant
Do NOT press "Reply". Instead, please respond to: <notquite@hotmail.com>