RE: 1060 testing at higher power

>Dan Strassberg wrote:
>Yes the null to the northeast (centered at 52 degrees to
>protect 1050 in New York City) is pretty deep all right
>(I think I once figured the equivalent power to be
>around 3 kW), but I would not say that about the null to
>the southwest (232 degrees).
<snip>

        To the NE it's a major null, indeed. I'm about 160 miles from
Philadelphia and the skywave signal is weak. I can't get the groundwave
here at all, even though the path is partially over water. My guess has
been that it's a pattern that must have been set up to protect the
groundwave signal of WEVD in NYC (the once WHN) on the first adjacent.
        I was thinking that I'm in a good spot to hear what sort of skywave
WMEX/1060 is putting out. I sure hope it doesn't end up that WMEX ruins the
KYW signal for me but that it's permitted under the rules. That, however,
wouldn't surprise me with the current rules.
        Do ya think my petition to protect the Class A stations to THEIR 10
percent skywave has much chance <rbg>?

Have you patronized the skywave signal of an AM Class A station today?