Re: Call letters in poor taste (was RE: Howie Carr in Seattle)

On 16 Nov 99,  dan.strassberg@worldnet.att.n wrote:

> Then there is the possibly apocryphal story about the AM
> in Idaho to which the FCC first assigned one set of
> requested calls and then required the station owners to
> select new ones. Someone at the FCC finally recognized
> what he should have realized from the outset--that the
> calls kind of spelled an obsecne word. I say "kind of"
> because the first letter of the sound-alike obscene word
> isn't K. I think that clue should be sufficient to
> suggest the word to most readers without my having to
> spell it out.

I guess I'm dense.  I'm guessing something, but it doesn't seem quite
right.  Also, if it is what I'm guessing, it turns out also to be a
Yiddish word for excrement.

 A. Joseph Ross, J.D.                                 617.367.0468
 15 Court Square                             lawyer@world.std.com
 Boston, MA 02108-2503              http://world.std.com/~lawyer/