Re: WARE

>Joe Ross wrote:
>I'm mystified why anyone who had call letters like that would want to give
>them up!

        Except that obviously Mega wants to pretend to be in either the
Springfield or the Worcester markets, or both, so the first thing to do
would be change the calls.
        And when I say pretend, I really don't get it. Forget Springfield,
especially at night. The null for Pittsburgh is aimed right at downtown
Springfield. WARE puts out the pattern minimum of an RMS of 43 toward
downtown Springfield, if I read the Kodis station location site correctly.
And it's about 21 miles from the antenna. WARE has patterns that, toward
Springfield, are as drastically different day and night as can be. The day
signal toward Springfield is the pattern maximum, RMS of 998.
        Day and night are roughly the same toward Worcester, although WARE
goes down to 2.5 kW overall at night. It's somewhere around an RMS of 600
or 700 toward downtown Worcester, which is about 22 miles away. But the
null for Manchester gets deep not too far to the north of Worcester.
        Also, WARE has second adjacent trouble in both cities (WSPR and
WNEB). And the skywave interference is severe. Speaking of WNEB, Mega could
have bought that within the past year or two, instead of WARE.
        The Hispanic audience in WARE's real coverage area, places like
West Brookfield, West Warren, Wheelwright, Old Furnace, Oakham,
Gilbertville, New Braintree, Bondsville and the Brimfield State Forest is
just not that large.
        I can't figure this one out, except to give a lot of credit for
making the sale to a super broker we know is lurking here <g>.