Re: Carl DeSuze

>Steve Ordinetz wrote:
<snip>
I think the news was simulcast on both the AM
>& FM, and the FM would then split away for whatever they did on FM (I think
>it was a full simulcast 6a-noon-but I don't know what 'BZ-FM did the rest
>of the time before they became Rockin' Stereo 106.7 in the earlyish 70s).
>Maybe there was a timer controlling the switchover which necessitated the
>tight timing.  From what I understand, no one there really cared about the
>FM anyway.

        Way way back, like the early '60s, I'm not sure there was much
separate programming on WBZ-FM. Part of the day, at most, and I'm not sure
when that started. And when it was running separately, I don't think they
ran the AM news. I remember the ID most often seemed to be for AM & FM,
and, of course, it was every 30 minutes, so you heard it a lot. Hell, I'm
so old, I remember how until around 1962 it was WBZ, AM and FM, Boston;
WBZA, Springfield.