Re: Tuna of your Life

On 8 Nov 99,  GF015@aol.com wrote:

> << No no no.....  WAVZ-1300 in New Haven was.   WMAS was second,  WXKS was
>
>  third..... >>
>
> Doesn't WXKS have Transtar, or Westwood One AM Only like WFEA in
> Manchester, NH?  Or did they switch to Jones Radio Networks Music Of Your
> Life - or am i off base completely?

I'm sure someone with more exact knowledge will correct me if I'm wrong,
but as I recall, WXKS originally started out doing this Adult Standards
format and calling it "Music Of Your Life" before the satellite service of
that name existed.   That far back, I think they probably were doing the
programming locally.  This has the result that the trade mark "Music Of
Your Life" belongs to them in the Boston area, and not to the satellite
service of that name.  Apparently WXKS does indeed use a different
service, and the MOYL service, if it has an outlet in the Boston area,
can't be called MOYL.

But the person who officiates at a briss can still be called MOYL (Which
reminds me that in international contracts, "Government of Israel" is
regularly abbreviated "GOI.").

 A. Joseph Ross, J.D.                                 617.367.0468
 15 Court Square                             lawyer@world.std.com
 Boston, MA 02108-2503              http://world.std.com/~lawyer/