Re: Boxing promoter makes Clear Channel an offer...can it refuse?

King is one of about 50 *legitimate* minority bidders
for some 125 stations being spun off by CC.(Lowry Mays wined
and dined potential buyers for 2 days in Cincinnati
last week where the bidding process was outlined).
The deadline for bids from these minority groups/individuals
was yesterday. We might see some deals announced as
early as next week.

King gets to stay out of jail for another day. He barely
escaped Thursday's federal grand jury indictement
for fixing boxing rankings.(FBI wasn't able to find any major
evidence against him when it raided his Florida house
in June as part of a year-long probe. Investigation
is still continuing.

During his yesterday's appearance on Stern's show he
pimped 'The Search for Truth' pay-per-view(Lewis-Holyfield
rematch next weekend). When he talked about getting into
radio business, he wasn't sure which company
Clear Channel was acquiring. He just referred to it as
'AM'.

=====