Re: NorthEast Radio Watch 11/5: Big Bird Gets to Live

Dib9@aol.com wrote:

> John Dougherty was great when he was at WCSH and I certainly wish him luck but
> I can't see this as a good career move.

<snip>

The Oracle of Bowdoinham strikes again!  WMTW-TV is the place where
veteran anchors have gone to die for decades.  It *can* be a good stepping-
stone (Christine Caswell and Jonathan Hall of Channel 7 and Karen
Marinella of Channel 56 come immediately to mind) but as a destination it's
the pits.  I bet Neila wishes she had stuck to helping fat tourists sweat to
the oldies at Club Med. :)

Hey, why not complete the circle and reunite John with Michelle Gillen (last
seen in a pagoda with Tritia Toyota at Channel 2 in L.A. )  Gillen is probably
best known for reporting the infamous exploding gas tank expose on
Dateline NBC.

> What happens to Dennis Spellman?

Maybe Saga will take him back--again.  Either that, or he becomes a
customer service rep for MediaOne in Dover. :)

Take care,

Chris