Re: Saga sues to enforce Lori Voornas non-compete

At 05:17 AM 11/3/99 -0500, Chris Beckwith wrote:
>http://www.portland.com/news/voornas1103.shtml
At 9:29 EST 11/3/99, Bill Piacentini writes:
Interesting article by Peter Pochna from the Portland (Maine) Press Herald.
[How did they snatch www.portland.com away from the larger Portland, Oregon
market!]
Looking at the numbers from Spring '99
[http://www.rronline.com/Ratings/Homepage.htmwhen]
,when the Tim and Lori Show was "hot", their numbers (albeit overall 12+)
dropped a little over 20%!
If the article is correct about bonuses, Lori received none from Saga after
that "humongous drop" in audience.
Citadel's combined share(from ratings, not billings) of America's 160th
Radio Market, is about 37% (80,500 people on average) vs. 30% (64,000) for
Saga.
One could argue that Lori was hurting WMGX and Saga's chances of gaining
any lead over Citadel.
So if I were at Citadel I would, after the six months (if the courts don't
throw out the non-compete) "cooling off", revamp WCLZ (languishing in the
bottom half of any ratings) into "Class Radio" with an AC format like WMJX
Boston. And have Chuck Igo join Lori as a morning team on Class Radio,
mornings, Monday thru Friday! [Mrs. Igo would be pleased.] [Oops, maybe he
already is working in that market!] And Chuck could still spend his
weekends driving beautiful I-95!
Regards,
-Bill Piacentini
--
Takin' it...EASY99.1!
Any use of this moniker as impersonating an EASY99.1 staff member, either