Re: CBS covers the news big-time

Actually, if this wasn't football season, we may have seen more wall to wall
coverage.  CBS and Fox would have ticked off more viewers by not airing football,
plus I'm sure they are under contractual obligation to air the games, despite the
news circumstances. I still see a lot of helocopter shots with rambling
commentary this morning, and the Today show spent an inordinate amount of time on
it, considering there is still very little known as to the cause of the crash.

Most Rhode Island stations aired the Chaffee funeral, along with C-SPAN.  That
seems appropriate.  Why would CNN air it?  I don't think a viewer on the west
coast would really care too much.

Mike Thomas
WXLO & Mediabase 24/7