Re: radio and the plane crash

In a message dated 10/31/99 11:38:28 AM Eastern Standard Time,
dlh@donnahalper.com writes:

<<  Do any of your stations cover this sort of story (a major plane
 crash with Americans on board), and if so, how do you do it? >>

i know where we are it's a station-by-station judgement call.  last big
weekend story was the jfk plane thing, and it just so happened that our news
director of the moment, judi paparelli, was in house and was able to cover it.
usually, on something such as this, one would get ahold of the pd who when
then determine the level or direction of coverage.

- -chuck igo