RE: wandering in the North Country

<<On Wed, 27 Oct 1999 22:30:57 -0400, "Paul Hopfgarten" <hopfgapr@sprynet.com> said:

>> Same goes for WROR, which had a nice signal into Manchester back
>> when it was
>> WKOX-FM ( ok showing my age here)...but vanished just before Manchester.

> that's because 105.5 WJYY/Concord did not exist in the WKOX-FM days

Well, more significantly, it's because WROR-FM moved from FM-128
(where it had priority over WJYY) to the Pru (where WJYY has
priority).  From the old site, WROR-FM did not provide any protection
to WJYY (because it was there first); from the new site, WROR-FM must
restrict its signal towards Concord by about 25% in order to not
exceed the contour of its previously-licensed signal.  There's also
another null at about 5 o'clock; I can't figure out what they're
protecting there (unless it's WCOD on the second-adjacent).

-GAWollman