Re: wandering in the North Country

>Kevin Vahey wrote:
<snip>
>It is also amazing, 30 years ago WHDH put a nice daytime signal into
>Manchester, but now you would think they were running 10k, not WBZ
<snip>

        Never missing a chance to repeat myself: Somebody check WEEI's
ground system. Has it been redone since 1948? Is it even connected to the
towers? I have nothing to base this on but listening all over the region.
The strongest lobe of the WEEI signal is aimed straight out to sea,
basically. So, why, in the Back Bay, for example, daytime, is it noticeably
weaker than 590, 680, 1030? If the signal is not going in big there, where
is it going? My speculation is that it's not going like it should.
        At least WEEI will be better off at night, either temporarily or
permanently, starting next month when CKVL moves off 850 (to 690?).