Re: "The king of all marriages" ends

Donna writes (mostly snipped):
<< Believe it or don't, Howard loved his wife and she loved him.  But even
 amongst people who love each other, there gets to be a point where the
 professional life impinges on the personal life one time too many... it
 takes an incredibly strong person to be married to someone as visible and
 controversial as Howard...

I understand exactly where you come from. While I am in the media (albeit
journalism), I can understand the pressures, etc. Those 60-hour weeks (which
I am sure air personalities put in as well in one way or another through
on-air work, personal appearances, etc.) can ruin the best of relationships,
and Donna, no truer words have been spoken.

The being 'on' part is the most true; here where I currently work, as a
sports editor for three small local newspapers, you never know who is on the
other end of that telephone line. The same can be said about "celebrities";
you never know whose kid, or nephew, is in line waiting for their autograph.
Doesn't matter if it's at 10 p.m. on a Friday night after work waiting for a
long-awaited meal, if you're not who people think you are, fuggedboutit.

The pressures which we all face in our jobs are great, however jobs
(politician, media personality, etc.) where you are in the public limelight
in one way or another constantly never allow you to get away from it all.

-Sean