Re: Dot coms

R&R recently did an article about dot.com business.  According to research,
internet users tend to use radio much more frequently than any other non-internet
medium (TV, print, etc.)  Another point to be factored in is that more and more
radio stations are streaming their audio over the 'net, which gets these dot.com
messages directly to web surfers while they're online.  It makes sense for these
companies to advertise on radio, and since it has the corner on this market,
radio is seeing a nice revenue bump which it doesn't really have to share with
other media.  Since the northeast corridor has a high concentration of computer
users and web-based companies, particularly here in the Boston area, local radio
is getting much more dot.com business than, say, Jackson, MS.

Mike Thomas
WXLO & Mediabase 24/7