Re: Various replies

I have not reached a conclusion in my mind on the value of digital TV
conversion, but I have to disagree that there needs to be tax dollars given
to fund the transition.  Licensees do get FREE use of the spectrum and if it
is the national policy to convert, the conversion should be at the licensees
expense.  If they don't think paying for the conversion is a good investment,
they can always sell or turn in their license.

As for the unfunded mandate issue, that's true but anyone running a business
knows that government at all levels imposes new costs every year.  We may not
like it but digital TV conversion is no worse than the myriad of other
mandates all businesses are hit with.

-- Dan Billings, Bowdoinham, Maine