Re: WSRO (CJMS-1280)

There is definitely an AM 1280 in the province of
Quebec, somewhere not too far from Montreal. That
station (I know neither its calls nor COL) took over
CJMS's allocation, although I think it operates with 10
kW--not 50. I believe (but am not sure) that CFMB moved
to FM. My guess is that it did so within the past 18
months, because last winter (or was it two winters ago?)
when the ice storm felled CJAD's towers, CJAD operated
for a while on 1410 using CFMB's former facilities,
which were still intact. CJAD management was not
satisfied with the service that the 1410 signal provided
to what remains of Montral's Anglophone community. So
after a few weeks, CJAD leased the AM 990 frequency
until the 800 facilities could be rebuilt.

I don't know what CJMS's format was, but many years ago,
CFMB was, if I recall, a bilingual beautiful-music
station(!)